Mesh Doctors Without Ethics

Gosh I am so angry!  How could so many doctors lie and verbally and mentally ill treat their patients when confronted with mesh complications.  This may seem so unbelievable to you but to me it is more of the same because I read what women write and hear their stories over the phone.  Thankfully some women leave comments for you to read instead of just telling me privately.  Because of this, women around the world will be yelling louder about what is going on.

Last night a comment came in that had my blood boiling.  This is it.

“Please help me. I have it in writing that my doctor would not use transvaginal mesh for my surgery and he even said it again the day of my surgery. He said they don’t use mesh only my own body. The op report says he used a Desara sling. I have been having issues starting in August but the Dr dismissed my pain as adhesions. Please help”

You can read her comment here http://meshangels.com/2012/02/questions-to-ask-before-mesh-removal

I looked up the Desara sling because I have never heard of it and it clearly states it is mesh.  This is the link.  https://www.calderamedical.com/medical-professionals/products/desara

This young woman is twenty six years old and now she will have to undergo more surgery.  More pain and suffering.  How dare this doctor sign a paper and then do as HE wished.  How dare he blatantly lie to her.  This is an outrage and I told her to make a copy of the paper he signed and report him to her State Medical Board.  This has to stop!  Ladies if you have any ill treatment by doctors in any form, such as dismissal from him/her seeing you when you complain of your mesh complications or verbal abuse he/she thinks no one can hear, please put your State and report doctors in Google and do something.

Update!  A medical friend told me that the best place to report something like this is to google your State Dept of Proffessional Regulations to file a complaint any time.  These people are the ones who gives the licence.

Also send your complaint in to the Agency for Healthcare Administration if it happens within one year of surgery or seeing a doctor.

Far too many women are telling me their doctors lie to them about removing all mesh when they can’t or don’t know how to and then no longer wanting them as patients when they complain of continuing pain.  To being told in E.R.s all they want is money and there is nothing wrong with them.  Also to being told all that is wrong is that the woman is too fat and should lose weight.  OUTRAGEOUS BEHAVIOR BY MEDICAL PRACTIONERS!  And I am so angry this is happening.

Not only do we read on our hospital records that we were told about medical complications when we were not (yes it happened to me too) but we are dismissed as people who are depressed and need medicating, or we are making it all up.

Ladies, it is time to stand up and say no more.  Anyone who treats you this way MUST be reported.  You must take control and say you are a human being and this is not allowed.  We women should not abused and neglected by the people we trusted.  We don’t tolerate this in animals and yet it is happening to women every day.

Say NO more to these doctors.  Take charge and report what is going on.  They think they are immune from our system.  Protected by their license.  But…they are not.  You can change this one woman at a time.  Please do something so that this does not keep happening to others.  I cannot do this alone and need your help to change things.  We must say “No more” to this……………………

Update.  For new information click here.  http://meshangels.com/2014/04/mesh-will-i-get-complications-in-the-future/

1. DebC

Just write a long post & deleted it by accident. =( will have to try again later as I need to work now. Basically, I wrote how appalled this makes me. It is bad enough they use mesh all the time without giving options or fair warning of the FDA warnings etc., but to use mesh even when a patient specifically states, in writing no less, that they do NOT want mesh used?? Just absolutely mind boggling that they could/would do this!? Wtf if wrong with some people?? Im so tired of docs pleading ignorance and going into denial about mesh complications… Everyone blames the FDA & mesh manufactures, but it is the doctors putting the mesh in left & right.

2. Susan Novak

I live in St Louis Mo. Is there any doctors here that remove mesh. Most think I am crazy. I am not. Thank you

3. Vicky

I finally wrote the doctor who implanted the mesh and cc’d the president of the Medical Network she belongs to. Never heard a word from him and she wrote me that she agreed with me about the negatives of the mesh. And get this: she said “that’s why I chose not to use mesh on the prolapse”! I was the one that asked her not to put mesh in my body and she told me the complications were caused by unskilled doctors. and then she put the mesh TOT sling in!! did she think that’s better??? The TOT is a very dangerous sling to remove, much easier for the surgeon to implant but very difficult for the doctor to remove and dangerous for the patient!!!! I just gave up on the doctor and hospital (which is my employer) I now know they care nothing for their patients. Oh and she told me she had no idea I had endured all this pain and hell. She was the one that denied my pain as did another doctor at this hospital! And you can bet they are still putting mesh in patients as we speak!

Vicky, it never ceases to amaze us that doctors twist things to make them feel better. I bet you laughed at what she said “Caused by unskilled doctors”. I bet we all wish we had a tape recorder to back track what was really said when we first went to them. The truth is, it is a blind procedure, and no one has any control over the shrinking and infections, regardless of how good they are. Which is why UCLA is now mesh free. If all doctors would just admit this and drop using it, the lives of women would not be ruined.

2. Nancy

I had mesh put in after my son was born c. sect. in 2005. do you know the dr. denies & never charted & the nurses notes deleted. No documentation of me even having one . several times I’ve gone to dr. for severe pain he ordered pelvic ultrasound, the ultrasound tech stopped in the middle of my test …. hmmm what exactly are we looking for… supposed to be fibroids etc. They say I have arthrtis. Sent me to mrI of neck back wt. loss centers. To detour me from my pelvic mesh. The whole underlying problem.Now all my doctors resigned. I have well known lawyer who I hope isn’t getting frustrated! I need DOCUMENTATION!!!!! I can’t walk in and order my own ultrasound! Getting a little upset . I’m discusted my dr. was nice but now is an ass hole! Everybody in my medical network has snubbed me!!

Nancy, this is so typical but you should know it is against the law not to have records where the surgery was performed. I wrote this blog to help. http://teapapers.com/bladdersling/2013/03/medical-records-law Whereever the surgery was performed is where you have to ask for the records. Doctors do not keep them.

2. Philicia

I read all this from Nancy,I swear all of this has happened to me,all of it I Swear to God it has. I finally went to California UCLA Dr Raz,Dr Lin. Translibial ultrasound showed that I had mesh and numerous medical devices inside my vagina ,surrounding tissues and rectum. Going back in June hopefully I get to go back sooner,I’m on a waiting list for surgery.

We must talk Loud,we must confront these liers,we have to tell them they will be stopped and prosecuted one day soon,we must stick together.

4. Shirley

I had a mesh implanted in 2000. I have been suffering ever since and have been on all kinds of pain killers.
    How do I get help.
    Is the surgery to remove it as bad as putting it in???
    S

Shirley I can assure you that living with the mesh in you is far worse than removing it. Without doing so it will slowly kill you. I know it is scary and I am going to send you via email all the blogs I have written about my journey and the doctors who can help you. Do what is best to save your life. You are worth it. Remember, there is nothing to fear but fear itself.

Shirley I tried to send it to the email address you entered, but it bounced back twice. Please email me direct through the address at the top right hand corner and I will send as promised.

1. Cindy

Do you know if anyone can remove my fiancees sling. I’m afraid she is dying and only gets out of bed 30 minutes a day. Her insurance is Medicaid and is based in Missouri.

Is Dr. Raz at UCLA the only person that can do this?

You can try this doctor but he does not take Medicaid so it will be self pay. You should ask many questions all about the type of mesh she has and if he can remove the anchors. http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/removing-mesh-and-getting-healthy/mnd-interviews-dr-veronikis-mesh-injuries-explants

5. Dee

Hi, my name is Dee and I need advice. In 2005 I had the tape/sling for extremely bad incontinence. It seemed to have helped until I was pregnant last year. I had a very hard time urinating and blew it off thinking it was the baby putting pressure on me. After having her I had a tubal ligation that went well. A few months later I went to the doctor because I still had a hard time urinating and with bowel movements. The doctor said my organs (all three) were prolapsing. He said he wanted to do a hysterectomy and put supports along my vaginal walls, and that would be wrapped around a ligament in my lower spine. He he said because I was still young (45) that was best and no mesh required. So he did the hysterectomy but could not do the prolapse fix. I had three spinal fusions and that ligament wasn’t there. He was hoping just removing my uterus would help the other organs to go up some. However, it did not so he said he could do the mesh on posterior and for my bladder he would roll and sew, kind of creating a hardening scar tissue that would support my bladder. I had the hystectomy in November and the mesh in December. For the last few weeks I still have problems emptying my bladder and when I urinate It comes out much slower than it use to. I still have to help myself with my fingers when I have a bowel movement and it feels like There are razor badges or needles coming out. I often get sharp stabbing pains in my extreme lower right abdomen. Sometimes pain shoots from there down my leg. Since the surgeries I get really bad hip, leg, and back pain. i cannot tell if my back pain is because of my back injury or similar to the things other ladies on here have described. My hips and legs I thought was just arthritis but did not have it till after my surgery. could it be a symptom of problems? Could it be that I am still healing? My symptoms seem similar to soe others I have read on here but nowhere near as severe. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you!

Definitely. Dee, you have given a very accurate account of mesh injury. It starts out not too bad, but increases over time until you begin to take narcotics to help deal with the pain. You can get help much sooner if you go to UCLA. Get those records if you don’t have them already but make an appointment now so that you can speed things up. This link will take you to many links so that you understand the journey it takes to remove mesh and how important it is to go to the right doctor. http://teapapers.com/bladdersling/2013/02/mesh-is-a-journey

6. Georgianna

I am so glad I ran across this blog looking for help. As I’ve sat and read some of the stories I have just broke down and cried. I’m not alone anymore. And I’m not a baby because there are other women going through the same thing I am with the pain. I had a complete hysterectomy with a&p repair with transvaginal mesh and bladder sling in 2006. Which according to my dr would “fix you for the rest of your life.” No warnings, only positive outcome predicted. I suffered for four years in silence. Finally got to the point I had to start going to the dr trying to find the cause of my pain. None of the drs I’ve seen will even consider that it’s the mesh. It’s come to the point now that I’m having to move in with my son and daughter in law. Along with my daughter. Having to leave our hometown because my son is active military and put my daughter in home school because of the difference in our schools–we are from a very small town and having to move to a big city. Not to mention having to leave my 16 yr old son with his father because he is active in extracurricular and student government. It’s been hard to keep hoping to find a dr who might actually care and do a little investigating. Thank you for sharing your stories. Gives me hope again that maybe it will get better.

Georgianna, read this blog and perhaps it will give you hope. http://teapapers.com/bladdersling/2013/12/meet-dr-veronikis-a-great-surgeon/

7. guest

I had to wait over a year before I could get my records of lies told to me by doctor that said he would remove some of mesh, they wait till statue of limitations is over, knowing I could not even get an attorney to get my records, I TRIED. i GOT THEM LAST MONTH, AND SOME MORE, THIS WEEK. ATTORNEYS REFUSED TO HELP GET MY RECORDS, AFTER STATUE OF LIMITATIONS WAS OVER , NO PROBLEM THEM SENDING THEM.

Guest. Never totally give up. Other women were turned down, but then found someone who would take their case. There is no guarantee, but it is worth trying.

8. Philicia

never Give up,keep digging,get your old insurance records,file a complaint with the FBI website,any and everything you have to do to get these records so justice can be done,These Lieing Doctors,ect,must be stopped. Get colonoscopy reports & pictures,study them,ask questions about missing pages,ect…